It's been a while since I last wrote here but I haven' been crafting anyway.
Here's a dress I made today for my baby girl. I found this pretty Beatrix Potter fabric in a sale and couldn't resist and then my aunt suggested me to do a "body" of a dress with crochet and the skirt with the fabric.
I remembered the Leila and Ben crochet tank pattern I bought the other day and that I wanted to try and started the work. I have to confess that Kathleen from Grosgrain fabulous inspired me to "create" my own pattern and I did some changes in the tanktop pattern and then just used the whole wide of the fabric (44") and then measured my baby from the mid chest to the middle of the leg. And that was it!!!
I just started the back crochet pattern and when it called to keep with the pattern until the tank length size I started shaping the armhole and then the neckline and did the same with the front side. I made the straps a little longer as my yarn was thiner (I used Katia Mississippi) than what asked in the pattern. Then did the edging and completed the top part of the dress.
For the last step I joined the skirt and sew it with the crochet top and made the seam for the bottom.
I really like how it turned out!