Monday, May 26, 2008

Sublime Stitching...

I can not describe how happy I am with my new book-kit from Sublime Stitching. 

I had a birthday gift to make to a friend of mine and I thought this "mother's love" tattoo design will be great for her. 

I embroidered her daughter's name in the middle of the tattoo and I think it looks so nice!


The little disaster began with my sewing project. I thought it will be nice to make the embroidery in the top lap of a messenger bag. But wanted it all to be mine, so I didn't take any pattern to follow and made it myself. Well, this was the terrible mistake, lol... I did sew it all and when it was finished I realized the straps were sewn in the wrong side. But when I looked closer to it I discovered that the design was embroidered too high in the lap and that's why it looked to me like the wrong thing were the strap!, lol...

Well, finally, here's how it looks like; the finished bag made in pretty cherry linen and with a perfume-patterned lining. It looks so cool and alternative, except for the design problem, lol... I learned now I must always follow a pattern!!!!, lol...

No comments: