Saturday, April 26, 2008

Don't know how is it called in English...

... It's between a Jule roll and Swiss roll. But it is savoury, not sweet.
Well, it is made with sponge cake, pink sauce (hope it is called like this as I did make a translation as it is in Spanish, lol... It is made with ketchup and mayonnaise), avocado and shrimps or crab meat. I made it with shrimps.

I made it to keep my mind busy while hearing the news from the fire in La Gomera. I was calling my mom all the time and I think I was making her anxious, lol... So I decided I wanted to cook anything sweet & savoury at the same time, lol...
And here it is! 


Here's how it looks like inside.
I can not believe that I didn't take photos to the preparation process. I am sorry. It is so easy as you only have to make the mix for the cake and then go to the oven, go outside, spread the ingredients, roll, and that's it!, lol...
And now I am going to enjoy it a bit!


And can't help adding here a photo of my dad's town fire. Well, this is from the church of the nearby town. It is so sad. And also the national park of Garajonay that's a world heritage since the eighties. I am praying for it, it would be so sad to have all that nature beauty dead by the fire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness (((hugs))) I hope everyone is ok. Praying.