Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tortilla española

I love omelette and the Spanish one has all I love to eat; eggs and potatoes.


I have made one for myself tonight for dinner. It's a very easy recipe and the results are amazing.

You just need 2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed, 1 big onion also cubed and 2 eggs. Fry the potatoes and the onion in olive oil.


Then whisk the eggs until fluffy in a bowl and add the potatoes and onions.


Heat a teaspoon of oil in a skillet and when it's hot add the mix and cook at low heat for 1 minute. Turn the omelette and cook another minute in the other side. 

And that's it!
Enjoy!

Please, excuse me for the photo but believe me that the final results, even looking dark are amazing!!!, lol...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore potatoes in my omelettes, when I live in Greece we used to put french fires in them and have them for breakfast. Believe me a brekfast like that keeps you going!
Carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

There's a well known chef in Spain that makes a Spanish Omelette made with chips (the ones in the bag), lol... Not peeling, cutting or frying process, just beating the eggs and throwing our favorite chips bag inside the mix and, to the skillet!
And, believe me, it tastes soooo good!
lol...

Anonymous said...

oh, that looks so delicious - i'll be using your recipe this weekend! :^)